|Posted on March 30, 2013 at 8:10 AM|
- Do stay away from soda, even diet soda if you are trying to lose weight. Studies have shown that soda can prevent weight loss.
- Do not use artificial sweetners in order to consume fewer calories. Your body is unsure on how to digest this sugar and so it may just store it. This could be why many people find that switching to artificial sweentners does not aid in weight loss and may even cause weight gain.
- If you are working out a lot make sure you are eating enough healthy food. You should have a minimum of 1200 calories a day, anything less and it could cause problems with your metabolism and weight gain. It is possible that you may need more calories in your diet.
- Working out a lot or with weights often times increases your appetite. This is natural. The key is to eat healthy foods which nourish your body and keep you full. Such as foods high in protein and fiber. Check out "Post Work Out Snacks" on last months blog.
- Mini Chocolates. Many people think, "It's only a couple". 2 or 3 hersey kisses or mini chocolates equal about 150 calories. Do this everyday and your talking an extra 1000 calories a week. These are empty calories that don't satisfy your hunger for long, so try not to do this often. You could eat 1 egg and one toast for the same calories or a couple of pieces of fruit.
Licensed to Teach
- Zumba Basic
License to teach regular Zumba® classes.
- STRONG by Zumba
License to teach Strong by Zumba classes.
- Zumba Toning
License to teach body-sculpting techniques using Zumba Toning Sticks to enhance rhythm and build strength.
- Zumba Sentao
Licensed to teach the party-like workout that incorporates chairs to improve strength, definition and endurance.