|Posted on March 21, 2013 at 9:40 PM|
POST WORK OUT SNACKS
For a post work out snack follow up with meals that combine protein, which helps your muscles recover, and carbohydrates, which replenish energy stores. For best results, eat within 30 to 60 minutes after exercise, when muscles are most receptive.
- A Smoothie combination of banana, milk, and yogurt makes for a fresh and satisfying sports recovery drink. Dairy products like milk and yogurt work double duty, providing both protein and carbohydrates. Bananas are packed with potassium and magnesium―powerful electrolytes for healthy muscle function.
- Best Carbs post work out (whole grains, oatmeal, fruits and vegatables).
- Two whole eggs and wheat toast or combine one whole egg with 2 whites and toast.
- Turkey, chicken, or ham wrap paired with a healthy fat like avocado.
- Stir fry using olive or canola oil with veggies, protein like chicken or shrimp, and some brown rice.
Categories: Food & Diet
Licensed to Teach
- Zumba Basic
License to teach regular Zumba® classes.
- STRONG by Zumba
License to teach Strong by Zumba classes.
- Zumba Toning
License to teach body-sculpting techniques using Zumba Toning Sticks to enhance rhythm and build strength.
- Zumba Sentao
Licensed to teach the party-like workout that incorporates chairs to improve strength, definition and endurance.