|Posted on March 21, 2013 at 9:35 PM|
PRE WORK OUT SNACKS
If you are simply going for a brisk walk, you do not likely need extra fuel, but if you plan to do an intense workout (like Zumba), you need these carbohydrates to provide extra energy for your activity. ESPN Training Zone recommends consuming 40 to 100 g of carbohydrates before aerobic exercise.
• A banana with yogurt, an 8-oz. serving of juice with a handful of pretzels,
• A serving of fig bar cookies with a cup of milk
• or a bagel with jam are examples of snacks easily tolerated and contain between 50 and 80 g of carbs. I
• if you exercise early, an energy bar or sports drink might be the easiest to tolerate and digest. Avoid carbohydrates with high amounts of fiber like beans or bran cereal, as these might have a negative effect on your digestive tract and interrupt your training.
Combination Snacks – (Zumba toning or sentao)
Snacks that combine protein and carbohydrates work before a workout that includes both strength training and cardio activity -- such as a short run followed by a weight-training session or a boot-camp class.
• Eat 1 tbsp. of peanut butter on toast, low-sugar cereal with milk or half of a turkey sandwich on whole-wheat bread one to two hours before activity.
• High Protein Before a work out if your goal is to build lean muscle mass through strength training.
Categories: Food & Diet
Licensed to Teach
- Zumba Basic
License to teach regular Zumba® classes.
- STRONG by Zumba
License to teach Strong by Zumba classes.
- Zumba Toning
License to teach body-sculpting techniques using Zumba Toning Sticks to enhance rhythm and build strength.
- Zumba Sentao
Licensed to teach the party-like workout that incorporates chairs to improve strength, definition and endurance.